At Pacific Precision, Inc., we place a high priority on customer satisfaction. As a second-generation, family-owned machine shop, we know the value of relationships and continuously elevate our equipment, processes, and capabilities to ensure we provide best-in-class service. We maintain a portfolio of advanced equipment that enables us to achieve the incredibly close machining tolerances required for precision tools and equipment used by dental professionals.
Dental Capabilities at Pacific Precision, Inc.
We offer a broad portfolio of machining capabilities, enabling us to create extremely precise parts within tolerances of ±0.002 inches. We can handle designs in a variety of sizes and complexities. Our equipment fleet includes:
- CNC 5-axis milling. Our 5-axis vertical milling centers perform operations the X, Y, and Z linear axes and rotate on the A and B axes, enabling precision cuts from any angle. Our 5-axis milling machines facilitate efficient, close-tolerance production of parts with complex geometries.
- CNC Swiss turning. Swiss turning, also known as Swiss screw machining, is an advanced and highly precise machining method excellent for machining small and complex components. This makes it particularly useful for machining small dental instruments. Swiss machines can perform multiple operations simultaneously, allowing for quick and cost-effective production.
We also offer numerous secondary services in-house and through a certified and trusted network of vendors. These value-added capabilities provide end-to-end solutions for many dental products. We strive to see your project from raw stock through finishing and delivery. Our secondary capabilities include:
- Bead blasting
- Design advice
- Design manufacturability improvements
- Heat treating
Our extensive capabilities ensure that we can perform multiple machining operations simultaneously to minimize production costs and shorten lead times. We can also create dental prototypes for testing and market research in advance of full production.
We ensure quality production through strict Process Validation procedures. Our Process Validation team follows each project from design improvements through each step of production, gathering data to ensure the production of a reliable final product.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about our production capabilities for the dental industry.
What type of materials do you work with?
We can work with the following materials:
- High-temp alloys
- Stainless steel
- Superalloys and electrical steels
What industry-specific certifications do you have for the dental industry?
We maintain the following useful certification that enables us to produce dental tools and products:
- ISO13485:2016. ISO13485:2016 enforces quality management practices on production processes for medical-related products, including dental equipment. Pacific Precision, Inc. passed a comprehensive facility and process audit to gain this certification and we recertify every three years to maintain it.
What kinds of items have you produced for the dental industry?
Using our precision machining capabilities, we have created dental industry equipment such as:
- Orthodontic appliances
- Orthodontic instruments
- Surgical components
- Surgical tools
Dental Manufacturing From Pacific Precision, Inc.
At Pacific Precision, Inc., we make sure that our customers always benefit from the latest advances in machining. We maintain a broad range of certifications for quality management and industry standards, including ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D, ISO 13485:2016, and CDPH compliance. This commitment to precision and quality makes us an ideal fabrication partner for the dental industry.
To see how our services can support your dental equipment project, please contact us.