At Pacific Precision, Inc., we understand the importance of precision for critical industries. As a second-generation, family-owned machine shop, we know the value of relationships and continuously elevate our equipment, processes, and capabilities to ensure we provide best-in-class service. We maintain a portfolio of advanced equipment that enables us to achieve the incredibly close machining tolerances required for precision tools, components, and devices used by medicals professionals.
Medical Capabilities at Pacific Precision, Inc.
With our comprehensive in-house machining capabilities, we fabricate parts within tolerances of ±0.002 inches. We can handle designs of any complexity in a variety of sizes. Our equipment portfolio includes:
- CNC 5-axis milling. Our 5-axis vertical milling centers operate on the X, Y, and Z linear axes and rotate on the A and B axes, enabling simultaneous operations and precision cuts from virtually any direction or angle. By using 5-axis milling machines, we can facilitate accurate and repeatable production of precision medical tools and components.
- CNC Swiss turning. Swiss turning, also known as Swiss screw machining, offers an ideal machining method for small and complex parts, such as small surgical instruments or device components. Swiss machines can perform multiple operations simultaneously to shorten lead times and facilitate cost-effective production.
- CNC lathing. CNC lathes offer superior repeatability and precision over manual lathe processes, offering an ideal method for the reliable and accurate production of complex parts.
We also offer numerous value-added services, either in-house or through a certified and trusted network of vendors. These secondary capabilities help us to offer end-to-end solutions for many medical projects. We strive to see your project through from raw stock through finishing and delivery. Our secondary capabilities include:
- Bead blasting
- Heat treating
Our extensive capabilities ensure that we can perform multiple machining operations simultaneously to minimize production costs and shorten lead times. We can also create prototypes for testing and market research in advance of full production.
We ensure quality production through strict Process Validation procedures. Our Process Validation team follows each project from design improvements through each step of production, gathering data to ensure the production of a reliable final product.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about our production capabilities for the medical sector.
What type of materials do you work with?
We can work with the following materials:
- High-temp alloys
- Stainless steel
- Superalloys and electrical steels
What industry-specific certifications do you have for the medical industry?
We maintain the following useful certification that enables us to produce medical tools and products:
- ISO13485:2016. ISO13485:2016 enforces quality management practices on production processes for medical products and devices. Pacific Precision, Inc. passed a comprehensive facility and process audit to gain this certification and we recertify every three years to maintain it.
Medical Manufacturing From Pacific Precision, Inc.
At Pacific Precision, Inc., we make sure that our customers always benefit from the latest advances in machining. We maintain a broad range of certifications for quality management and industry standards, including ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D, ISO 13485:2016, and CDPH compliance. Our comprehensive commitment to precision and quality in everything that we do makes us an ideal fabrication partner for product developers serving the medical sector.
To see how our services can support your medical project, please contact us.